Sunday, December 23, 2012

eat.




There are few things as instinctual and natural as when I see my almost 3-week-old son squirm, search and wail for milk, even at all hours of the night. He didn’t have to be taught this. He didn’t have to discipline himself to achieve it.

[From the day he was born, he craved milk.]
                

“As newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the Word, that you may grow thereby…” 1 Peter 2:2

I am born again. I am desperate for my Daddy,, and He is so faithful to feed, nourish and sustain me. but just like I can’t force my son to eat, our Father can only give us what we need to grow to the degree that we desire it and put ourselves in the position to receive it.

Our passion, love and desire for the Word, His voice and His presence should be just as natural when we are born again and adopted as His children. We should be desperate. We should crave it from the moment we wake up. We should be in need of it continuously throughout the day,, and even through the night.

So I ask you the same question that He is asking me,,

[[What does your hunger look like?]]

                                    our spiritual lives depend on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment