Wednesday, October 19, 2011

From glory to glory





“But we all with open face beholding, as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
                                                                                                            2 Corinthians 3:18



Metamorphosis
            Not a mere change, not a gradual process of adaptation, not a mask, façade, or outward show; but to become something wholly, entirely and altogether new and unlike what you originally were.


New life.
            A miraculous change

“A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you…”
                                                                                                            Ezekiel 36:26

Just as the caterpillar cannot will itself to become a new creature, this regenerate process of finding life through the pathway of death must be orchestrated by the Creator of life Himself, a Power outside of us.

This natural process for the caterpillar happens in God’s timing, as He wills, without any necessary outside help or influence. The caterpillar merely glorifies God through its submission in being what it was created to be, and doing what it was created to do. It is in perfect obedience with God’s plan.

He designed the caterpillar to spend its life preparing for one significant moment, when it would enter death, and ultimately find new life. It was made to be reborn as something so much more beautiful, more divine, more powerful, more vibrant, more free.
He foreknew this transformation. He performs this transformation. He sustains this transformation. He delights in this transformation. He receives glory from this transformation.

“So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
it is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
it is sown a natural body: it is raised a spiritual body.”
                                                                                 1 Corinthians 15:42-44

“Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.”
                                                                       2 Corinthians 5:17



A new season of life has begun for me. Marriage, a new city, different people, growth and changes spiritually, stretched boundaries, new trials, new victories. And I’ve found it to be so significant and beautiful that it seems everywhere I go, I see a yellow butterfly flutter passed me. It’s Jesus’ sweet reminder to me of His goodness, His redemption and His faithfulness towards me; of this new life that He’s given me. It’s His sweet whisper of “Beloved, don’t look back”, but to forget ‘those things which are behind, and [reach] forth unto those things which are before” (Philippians 3:12-14).  It’s His loving exhortation for me to “walk in newness of life” (Romans 6:4). It’s His ever so necessary encouragement to me that I am His, that I am free, that I am reborn, and that it’s not at all dependent upon me or my abilities. 
I don’t fully reflect Jesus yet, and I may still stumble as I run this race towards my ever-fixed Reward, but His yellow butterflies along the way remind me that He truly has changed my heart, my mind, my desires and longings. I know this because I have the choice to turn, to stagger, and go back. He gives me that option. But when I do for even just a second, I hate it. I can no longer do the things I used to do. I no longer love the things I used to love. I am no longer immune or numb to the reality of my need for Him. He sought me first, and He continues to seek me. ‘In this relationship, He is the Bridegroom. He is my Pursuer. And He loves me way more than I love Him. I may reject Him and play hard to get, but He sets up circumstances in my life to make it extremely difficult for me to not to love Him back’. * His love beckons forth a pure and holy desire within me: to know Him, to be with Him, to please Him.
I’ve gazed upon His face, and I’ve been changed. I will continue to gaze, and I will continue to be changed. The path will get steeper, and rockier, but His reflection in my life will grow brighter and stronger.
                 
                                   
“But we all with open face beholding, as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.”
                                                                                                            2 Corinthians 3:18


Affectionately His and yours, 


Kelsey
 






*Furious Love

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing! I'm currently writing a paper for AMT on the New Creation :)

    ReplyDelete